Re: [OM] FYI on the warranty

Subject: Re: [OM] FYI on the warranty
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 14:22:23 -0700
On 4/27/2013 1:41 PM, Chris Barker wrote:
> It looks like a ripoff, Paul.  What are the chances of the camera's failing?

Relatively low.

> And if it did, should Olympus not take responsibility for its failure and
> sort it out?

The warranty that comes with the camera is one year. After than, the chances of
Olympus doing what you suggest is
exceedingly remote. I don't know how that works in the UK, but here, you are
SOL in almost all cases, and especially so
with the NA Oly distributor.

What is being offered is a two year extension, giving three year coverage. Not
suggesting it is or isn't worth while,
only clarifying the situation here and what's being offered.

Clarity Is Moose