Re: [OM] Purse, Pocket, Horse Camera

Subject: Re: [OM] Purse, Pocket, Horse Camera
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 01:42:24 -0700
On 4/5/2013 6:11 AM, Paul Braun wrote:
> On 4/5/13 04:57 : , Moose wrote:
>> I've been trying the E-PM1 and Panny 14-42 X lens instead of the Canon S100.
>>
>> Here's a gallery of images of a pretty wide range of subjects, focal
>> lengths, distances, light, etc. All but two taken
>> with the 14-42 X, and those with the Panny 20/1.7 compact lens.
>> <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=4105>
>>

> Very nice.  For some reason, I really like "Cracked" and "Flagstone" the
> best.

Good! I've been trying to get a shot of that cracked glass ball that works for
a while. I had no idea what interesting
things would happen when I put that piece of flagstone in the shade - very nice.

> Just FYI - that effect on the glass ball is actually cracks.
> When they're blowing the glass globe, while it's still hot, they plunge
> it into cool water and the result is the surface crackling you see.
>
> We used to own a stained-glass studio, hence I know all of this mostly
> useless crap.

Yeah, I know that. One of my brothers worked for a while in a fairly big glass
studio. But I needed a title. :-)

Cracked Moose