Re: [OM] (OT) The Road Ahead

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) The Road Ahead
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 19:23:11 -0000
Crannog Centre is excellent, Mike, and the Culloden visitor centre well
worth a visit.

If it's geology you are interested in, you must visit Knockan north of
Ullapool (the ferries to Stornoway sail from Ullapool), and perhaps a bit
further north to see the Moine Thrust. NW Sutherland - as you probably know
- was the site of 19th century field work which was fundamental to
understanding of geology. Field work carried out by amateurs, in the face of
entrenched opposition from the 'experts'.

I know the rock formation you speak of, in a Midlothian quarry, name in one
the top of my tongue...

Piers