Re: [OM] (OT) The Road Ahead

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) The Road Ahead
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 19:37:04 -0700
My spouse and I took our grandson and went to the UK at the end of October,
2009. Purpose of the trip was to visit my daughter and her boyfriend (then
living in Derby) and then to see the towns where a large portion of my
family lived, back at the beginning of the 20th century.

So... off we went to the Kintyre peninsula, destined for Campbeltown. Other
than a quite foggy, rainy evening on the way down the peninsula, and a
rainy morning following, the other 2 days we spent in Scotland were sunny
and pleasant. And I got to see Campbeltown, Drumlemble and Machrihanish,
about which I had heard lots from my grandmother and her brothers and
sisters when I was growing up. About the only disappointment was that it
was so foggy when we drove down to the Mull, and all the way out the track
to where we should have been able to walk down to the lighthouse, it was so
foggy and cold that no one was willing to undertake the walk. The drive on
a sunny day up along the peninsula back towards Glasgow on the way to
Edinburgh was gorgeous, and full of lots of sights I wish I'd had time to
photograph.

Spent the last day in Edinburgh, mostly at Edinburgh castle, and vicinity.

My only regret is in not having much more time to spend in Scotland (and
England, to be sure). I need to go back.

---
Scott Gomez (with a bunch of Gilchrists and Galbraiths in my background,
contrary to what my surname might imply).