Re: [OM] (OT) The Road Ahead

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) The Road Ahead
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 18:41:45 +0000
On 24/03/2013 18:20, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Excellent! Placed in the Scotland file.
>
> Many years ago on a backpacking trip to the Grand Teton Mountains, I
> discovered a principle that I have not named, but tried to abide by since.
> Essentially, the principle is this: More rewards to be gleaned from setting
> up in one spot and exploring thoroughly than in trying to go everywhere and
> see everything in a limited amount of time. By focusing on smaller areas and
> really getting to know them (as much as you can on holiday), you actually
> learn more about the greater area than you would by flitting pillar to post
> and not lighting on anything for any time.
>
> Single track on Mull? Sounds like a bike island for sure. <g>
>
> Thanks again. Place names always welcome.
>
> Where exactly (or inexactly) are you, if you don't mind posting on the
> internet. <wink>
>
> --Bob
>

> On Mar 24, 2013, at 1:36 PM, Donald wrote:

Larbert, you probably don't want to come here! :-D

We're a couple of miles from the Falkirk Wheel, which is quite
interesting, and we do have nice places nearby.

In fact the best bit about living here is that you can get out to more
interesting places fairly quickly.

Praising with faint damns...

D.

--