Re: [OM] Dead dinosaurs

Subject: Re: [OM] Dead dinosaurs
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 10:25:03 -0400
And now they want a piece of my pittance of Social Security, not to mention my
Medicare, for which I become eligible this year. But they still want to let
Lloyd Blankfein over at Goldman Sachs keep even more of his estimated $16.1
million per annum. Not to mention that jerk-ass quarterback who won the
Superbowl this year (Flacko?) and signed a $120 million contract. They want him
to keep more of that while gnawing away at my pittance of SS and Medicare.

If I could like 'em up and kick their damned Republican balls into their
throats, believe me, I would. (Dear Secret Service, FBI, and other law
enforcement agencies: this is a metaphorical threat and is not intended to be
interpreted as an actual threat to do bodily harm to these individuals. If I
ever decide to actually do bodily harm to them, I won't be posting it in
advance on the Olympus Mailing List.)

Fortunately for me, I just completed the Veterans Administration vetting
process, and because of some service related disabilities which I had not
bothered for file for--and some of which I was not aware I was eligible for
until I started the process--my health care is now 100 percent taken care of
for the rest of my life. No co-pays, no deductibles, no nothing. And to add
icing to the cake (if that's how you want to look at it), the VA system in
Maine works pretty well, and has a good stable of health care providers due to
the fact that said providers  come here for the quality of life. Also, for what
it's worth, Togus, our VA medical center, is the oldest veterans hospital in
the nation, and predates the VA by many years.

But I'm one of a few lucky ones.

Ché Whitmire