Re: [OM] IMGs: Hunting Wascally Wagged Wock Fwowers

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Hunting Wascally Wagged Wock Fwowers
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 15:59:26 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

> >      Speaking of which, I had to uninstall both Photopoint 7.0 and Lightbox
> > yesterday.  They were fighting with each other and CorelDraw as to who would
> > have their icon on my photo files.  It was taking forever to open a folder
> > of JPEG photos, so I deleted the application that was most recently
> > installed until everything worked.  I figured out that I need to designate
> > just one application per file type in Windows Outlook instead of doing it
> > during the installation of the application.  DUH!!
> >

> If using Windows XP it's called (IIRC) "Folder Options" and in Windows 7
> you'll find it under "Default Programs" in the Control Panel.  You can
> visit there at any time to establish which application has default
> control of any particular file type.  Well written apps will ask before
> taking control of a file type.  Those that assume control without asking
> should be summarily excised from your system for rudeness.

     You can do it in Windows Explorer.  I reinstalled Photoshop 7.0,
deselecting every file type when that option came up.  After it was installed,
I went into Windows Explorer and defaulted most of the graphics file types to
Corel PhotoPaint.  The ones that it would not work with I set to Photoshop.
Then I tried a few folders with graphics files and everything worked fine.
I'll try the same with Lightbox tomorrow when I have a WiFi connection.

Chris