[OM] IMGs: Hunting Wascally Wagged Wock Fwowers

Subject: [OM] IMGs: Hunting Wascally Wagged Wock Fwowers
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 10:20:04 -0400 (EDT)
     It sounds funny when spoken in Fuddish.

     Yesterday's hike yielded some early finds in the Chaparral country, and it
looks like we will be having a fairly good wildflower season this year.

     The first find was a number of Bigelo's Ragged Rock Flower shrubs:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/8557453542/in/photostream

     Desert Anemone was everywhere, and I even found one that was in the early
stages of blooming before it formed the characteristic seed capsule:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/8557453542/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/8557453542/in/photostream

     Quite a few specimens of Golden Corydalis, one of our many hallicinogenic
plants to be found here in the southwest:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/8557453542/in/photostream

     Red Maids are always interesting to find, and their bright green fleshy
foliage stands out amongst the rocks:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/8557453542/in/photostream

     Some False Texas Garlic was found at lower elevations where there was full
sun throughout the day:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/8556408237/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/8556408237/in/photostream

     And I'm always fonda finding fauna:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/8556420713/in/photostream

     And there was the constant sound of numerous small waterfalls all day long:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/8557560470/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/8557560470/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/8557560470/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/8557560470/in/photostream

     At the upper elevations there was still some snow to be found:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/8556433685/in/photostream

Chris