Re: [OM] Return of the Native (monitor)

Subject: Re: [OM] Return of the Native (monitor)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 20:27:20 -0800
On 2/24/2013 1:27 PM, Chris Barker wrote:
> My dentist loves my Philishave Sonicare, as does my hygienist.  I hope that
> they're not wrong about the toothbrush.

It may be just fine for you. Not everyone has my needs. Gums seem to have been
my body's weak spot.

To be clear, though, Sonicare and the other major brand (OralB?) are strictly
sonic, ie, low frequency, not ultrasonic,
so they will have no effect on bacterial colonies below the gum line where the
bristles can't reach. It's ultrasonic
waves transmitted through saliva and along the surface layers of the gum tissue
that do that work.

Ultra Moose