Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 19/2/2013: eating and drinking in Ixelles

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 19/2/2013: eating and drinking in Ixelles
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 13:58:42 +1100
Not really talking serious dysentry. When I get this problem, it's no big
thing. Just spend a couple of hours the next day dumping whatever it was and
then fine. Having to drink crap like Gatorade is a punishment I'd never
consider; nasty stuff. I'm not even sure it's available in France- Orangina or
Badoit will do fine. Or Peach tea cordial at home. I'm also fairly immune to
the widespread dehydration panic that's gripped the west in recent years. I
can't understand why people who aren't sweating or exerting themselves seem to
need to be permanently attached to a bottle of bad water or worse 'ade.
I seem to remember an initiative here to make small tear off sachets of sugar,
salt and a water purifier for field treating dysentry in third world and
disaster scenarios. A few cents per package and anyone could carry several.
Works like a charm apparently - but there's no money in it.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com
Author/Publisher: The SLR Compendium - http://www.blurb.com/books/3732813