Re: [OM] [Way OT] Why the recent northeast blizzard was not due to globa

Subject: Re: [OM] [Way OT] Why the recent northeast blizzard was not due to global warming
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 18:18:32 -0500
No, you simply have to read the entire article where he discusses the
data for the northeast (where the big storm was) and also for Colorado.
Although I was raised in Philadelphia, and was present for the regional
climate shift from hurricanes in the 1950s to the cold snowy winters of
the 60s (due to the AMO, of course), I realize not everybody considers
the city the center of the universe. Expanding to the entire Northeast,
NOAA’s “Northeast Snowfall Impact Scale (NESIS)” also shows no overall
change in the snow climate of the northeastern U.S. Read all about it at
“Big Snows: Northeast U.S. and Colorado”

http://icecap.us/index.php/go/joes-blog/big_snows_northeast_us_and_colorado/

The Colorado part of that article has the same end point: giant storms
in Colorado are not increasing or decreasing; out in the Rockies it’s
all el Niño. More at:

     “Thirty years in the Bull’s-eye: a climatology of meter-class snow
storms in the Front Range foothills”

http://hydrosciences.colorado.edu/symposium/abstract_details_archive.php?abstract_id=155

Chuck Norcutt