Re: [OM] OT?: hygrometer callibration--saturated salt solutions

Subject: Re: [OM] OT?: hygrometer callibration--saturated salt solutions
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 18:27:52 -0800
> From: usher99@xxxxxxx
>
> I need to keep the
> relative humidy OK for some new persnickety cloud forest orchids...
> My digital capacitance based ones have
> drifted (as they are wont to do) and are an unacceptable 10 % off at
> least.

You can buy a wall-mount hygrostat that will handle 10 amps or so from better
hardware stores... or at least, they could order you one.

I know you have sunken cost into your hygrometer, and I don't know what the
hygrostat costs, but it might be worth looking into.

The one I bought at a garage sale for $5 has markings every 10%.

:::: A fool's brain digests philosophy into folly, science into superstition,
and art into pedantry. Hence University education. -- George Bernard Shaw