[OM] OT?: hygrometer callibration--saturated salt solutions

Subject: [OM] OT?: hygrometer callibration--saturated salt solutions
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 19:32:42 -0500 (EST)
Well perhaps that not that far OT these days. Indeed I need to keep the
relative humidy OK for some new persnickety cloud forest orchids and
they are macro subjects for OM . My digital capacitance based ones have
drifted (as they are wont to do) and are an unacceptable 10 % off at
least.. I couldn't locate the sling psychrometer at my Mom's place
though may try to snipe a new one. Anyway I had a vague recollection of
using saturated salt solutions to callibrate, and found this:

http://www.omega.com/temperature/z/pdf/z103.pdf

Used a thick slurry of NaCL in a small bowl with the sensor over it
-all sealed in a Zip lock. I don't know if the
correction is linear and wanted at least one other point. I see some
like to use the Mag choride hexahydrate but can't seem to locate any
short of a thousand times more than required.

Is this a good method and is the appropriate amount MgCl available
somewhere easy for cheap?

Thanks,
Salty Dog, Mike