Re: [OM] E-M5 battery and HDL-6 battery grip

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 battery and HDL-6 battery grip
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 09:52:13 -0600
> My experience with add-on battery holders is limited to my Minolta A1.
> I used it initially but found that it really didn't add much but weight.
>   Even the extra vertical shutter button (while convenient) wasn't
> really necessary and didn't compensate for the weight.  The only thing
> it did well was add to the size and make it look much more like a
> "professional" camera.

The key is to put only ONE battery in the holder. No need for two. It
doesn't hurt my feelings to swap batteries once in a while and if you
put both in the holder and you only have two, you risk completely
running out. With one battery, place it in the right-hand slot so it
balances the camera well.

The battery-grip on the A1 not just makes the camera more
"professional looking", which it does so very well, but it also gives
the camera much more stability because the entire palm of your right
hand is in contact with the camera. It also gives the camera a
properly aligned tripod socket.

Yes, I've been using the A1 almost exclusively for the past two weeks.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx