Re: [OM] imgs: from the slow train to Amsterdam

Subject: Re: [OM] imgs: from the slow train to Amsterdam
From: Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 19:21:16 +0100
Chris - the high-speed network in Spain is already standard gauge.

However there is a connection to the legacy gauge on the extension to
Malaga - see http://www.vialibre-ffe.com/pdf/Track_gauge_changeover.pdf

The high-speed lines across Europe also have to manage different
voltages iirc from 750Vdc to 10000Vac, several different platform
heights, and of course in the UK they drive on the other side (hence
the crossover in the middle of the Channel Tunnel).

Clever technology.
Jez

(with slight tongue in cheek)