Re: [OM] What's the verdict on Zone-10 TOPE2 image parameters?

Subject: Re: [OM] What's the verdict on Zone-10 TOPE2 image parameters?
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 09:18:41 -0600
I've been developing everything that goes in the gallery in LR,
constraining the long edge to 900pix.

BTW - the LR Gallery 2 plugin works nicely, with the one annoyance that
it's a one-shot deal.  You have to log in, browse to the directory, upload
the photo, and then it immediately logs off.  It would be nice if it could
stay logged in for a predetermined time, or maybe until you tell it to log
out.

I've just been training myself to look at the "login, wait, browse, export"
steps as just a part of the workflow, but it's still annoying.

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 9:09 AM, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> When Ken first started TOPE2 I put a few images up there and noted
> problems with sharpness due to resizing with no resharpening.  Before
> putting anything else up I decided to just wait until the sizing
> questions were resolved.  Now I've lost track of the discussions (I'm
> 400 messages behind) and would like to know the consensus on image size
> and whether pre-sharpened images of different sizes are recommended.
>
> I'm ready to take down the original small collection are replace them
> with a few E-M5 images.  Not too many E-M5 shots so far as I've been
> heavily involved in some other matters (like computer security, more to
> come), high winds discouraging any outside shooting and just being sick
> the last couple of days.  I think I'm getting better this morning so I'm
> finally thinking of posting a few images.
>
> So what size(s) are recommended and is sharpening recommended for each?
>
> Chuck Norcutt
> --

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard