Re: [OM] (OM) (OT) Vision

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) (OT) Vision
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 15:19:35 -0800
On 1/24/2013 9:40 AM, Paul Laughlin wrote:
> Hi Brian, I had cataract surgery 9 years ago.  It is a relatively simple
> procedure.  They did one eye at a time and I was in and out of the
> surgery in a few hours.  I have 20/20 far vision in both eyes, but need
> reading glasses.  In our case, if the cataract in one eye is much
> further developed than the other eye, they may want to wait a while on
> the second eye. There is a option where they correct one eye for far
> vision and the other one for near vision.Here in the USA it is called
> monovision.  As I understand it, some people adapt to it very well, but
> some people do not.

I had monovision contacts for a few years. I adapted easily to them. At first,
they worked fine, and I quite liked them.
Then, as my natural lenses got stiffer, so I could adjust focus less, I
discovered a middle ground of softness. Far and
close-up were fine, but in that middle distance, where people usually are, my
vision wasn't up to snuff. So I switched
to progressive specs.

I imagine the same thing would happen with cataract replacement lens monovision.

Mom had both cataracts done separately. No big deal. Outpatient and much better
vision.

Clear Eyed Moose