Re: [OM] (OM) (OT) Vision

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) (OT) Vision
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:40:51 -0800
Hi Brian, I had cataract surgery 9 years ago.  It is a relatively simple
procedure.  They did one eye at a time and I was in and out of the
surgery in a few hours.  I have 20/20 far vision in both eyes, but need
reading glasses.  In our case, if the cataract in one eye is much
further developed than the other eye, they may want to wait a while on
the second eye. There is a option where they correct one eye for far
vision and the other one for near vision.Here in the USA it is called
monovision.  As I understand it, some people adapt to it very well, but
some people do not.  If you are used to one eye being better than the
other, it might work for you.  Just FYI.
By the way, that lens implant is not glass, as Chris says.  There is no
way they would be putting glass in the eye.  Also. I believe that it is
folded when inserted and unfolds inside the eye.
In my case, it was a piece of cake. LOL
Overall, it is not a perfect solution, but it beats the hell out of the
alternative. VBG
Paul in Portland OR