Re: [OM] I ordered my E-M5 today but...

Subject: Re: [OM] I ordered my E-M5 today but...
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 15:04:55 -0600
On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 2:22 PM, Chuck Norcutt <
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I ordered my (silver) E-M5 today but discovered I had unrealistically
>
> Congratulations.  I haven't regretted my decision yet.

> I also ordered the $50 15mm "body cap lens" which is a fixed aperture,
> manual focus lens meant to be left on the body as is any body cap.  The

I almost got that because it was only $50 and shiny.  But I held off.  May
still get it at some point - will be interested to see what kind of images
you can get with it.

> I also placed an order with Amazon for this clone battery
> <
> http://www.amazon.com/EZOPower-Olympus-Full-Decoded-Rechargeable-E-M5/dp/B00A743A06/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=12PAYDK1BNR07&coliid=I23HOTHJHUUKNO
> >

>  I just got mine yesterday.  Haven't used it yet, but I have two Olympus
batteries as well.

and these lens hoods from ebay.
> This says 9-18 but the LH-55B should be the same for the 12-50.
> <
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/260855044409?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Looks just like mine, but different name.  Pretty sure they come from the
same factory in China.  Works just fine, fits perfectly on the bayonet.

> This says 14-42 but the LH-61C should be the same for the 14-150
> <
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/150773855466?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
> >

> I bought one like that as well, but to fit the 12-50.  Got it first, not
thrilled with the fact that it's screwmount and not bayonet.  Plus, you
have to make sure it's on square, or those long lobes cause vignetting.

I'm having a blast with my E-M5 so far.  Will be fun to see what you do
with yours.   Your images, of course, will be slightly different since your
body is silver and mine is black.  :-)

--

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard