Re: [OM] Zone-10 stats (now wildly OT into computer history)

Subject: Re: [OM] Zone-10 stats (now wildly OT into computer history)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 21:18:54 -0500
You're confusing 2 things.  PS/2 was the generic system name but MCA was
the architecture used in PS/2 systems.  IBM always tried to be
proprietary if they could get away with it.  But MCA was more than an
attempt to be proprietary... it was technologically very superior to
ISA.  See the Wiki article which is fairly good.  IBM eventually lost
out... no one wanted to pay those awful royalties again... this time on
hardware.  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_Channel_architecture>

Chuck Norcutt