Re: [OM] Zone-10 stats

Subject: Re: [OM] Zone-10 stats
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 13:32:05 -0600
Wow.....

What version?  Warp 4?  I'm suprised to see someone other than a bank
machine still running OS/2, especially on the internet.

Was an interesting OS.  IBM originally created it to compete with
Microsoft, but Microsoft got involved with the development of it to, as
Steve Ballmer put it, "Ride the Dragon's back".  In other words, IBM was
too important a partner to lose, so MS helped them write OS/2 so they could
keep them close and keep an eye on them.  They also could make sure it
wasn't that good.

In many ways, far superior to MS-DOS and Windows 95.  But IBM was so
focused on keeping it only on their hardware, while MS let anybody and
everybody building an x86-based box run Windows.

I just looked it up - completely forgot that IBM was still supporting it up
until 2006.

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM, Ian Manners <void@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I want to know who on the list is using OS/2......
>
> Me :)
>
> Havent created an account yet which is why it's 0.1%
> but I will, soon..
>
> Cheers
> Ian Manners
> http://www.os2site.com/
>
> --

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard