Re: [OM] Applications for mobile devices

Subject: Re: [OM] Applications for mobile devices
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 14:31:26 -0800
On 12/29/2012 11:09 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
> e) not available for my phone. I use a Tracfone. flat rate, 1425min/425 days
> for $100. Plenty for my occasional use.
> About the only thing to do if I _must_ be able to use a cell phone (see b
> above) is to use an antenna up in a tree
> with an amplifier. There is one at my current jobsite that works if you stand
> in the window closest to the box but
> still drops calls. <http://www.wilsonelectronics.com/> Mike

I have a Wilson 301103 antenna
<http://www.wilsonelectronics.com/store/display/19/51/magnet-mount-antennas>

and 359919 adapter
<http://www.wilsonelectronics.com/uploads/files/151_AdapterGuide_110912.pdf>
They worked pretty well on my old LG phone, but Verizon seems to have somehow
improved reception* and I now use an iPhone.

Your phone probably doesn't have an antenna socket, although you might check.
Or there may be a way to link it to your
phone antenna.

Anyway, it's yours for shipping if you want it. Just gathering dust here.

Receptive Moose

When we were battling a plan to put a micro cell antenna in front of our
house**, the City said they had no idea how
Verizon was serving our area, with no antennas they knew of.

** Yes, we won. The answer is to ignore radiation issues, as no local govt. is
willing to try to buck the Telecom act.
More info if you need it.