Re: [OM] Early impressions

Subject: Re: [OM] Early impressions
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 07:05:50 -0500
Thanks, Mike, that's really interesting.  The EM-5 equals or exceeds the
5D (and 7D) in every category except that the 5D holds a one stop
advantage in low light noise.  Another big surprise though it that the
entire EM-5 ISO range seems to be overstated by about one stop.  ISO 200
is really 100, 400 is 200, etc.  I'm wondering how this relates to the
camera's own metering measurement vs that of an external meter.  Could
make a big difference in, say, using an external meter for studio flash
work.  Not a problem as long as you know it exists.

Chuck Norcutt