Re: [OM] Question for those who have actually handled an E-M

Subject: Re: [OM] Question for those who have actually handled an E-M
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 15:50:42 -0800
Chuck:  Mine is black. A while back, I shot for an afternoon with a
friend's E-M5, which is silver. They both handled fine. I could have
bought either. Honestly I think the silver is prettier (perhaps because
I have a silver OM-2). But in the end I bought the black because it does
not announce its presence loudly the way silver does. I think I may use
it in the concert hall and theater with a Leica 90 Summicron attached,
and for candid work. So black is beautiful.  :-)

If the covering is plastic of some kind, that has an advantage--it
doesn't get as cold when you're shooting outside in cold weather.

I don't mind the covering pattern at all, and my fingers do not slide
off it. I'm getting a John Milich grip, though. My hands are a bit big
for the camera as is, though I can do it. I find myself letting the
strap hang down on the right side so my hand covers it.

--Peter

 > Do you own or have preferences for the silver or black body and why?
I normally prefer a black bodied camera but (it's very strange and I
can't explain why) when I look at the unusual pattern of the material
covering the black body it strikes me as something I don't want to even
touch. The conventional pebbled leatherette of the silver body looks
more "normal" and inviting to touch.

<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/842930-REG/Olympus_V204040SU000_OM_D_E_M5_Micro_Four.html>

<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/842933-REG/Olympus_V204041BU000_OM_D_E_M5_Micro_Four.html>