Re: [OM] Way OT] Global warming, was: Air-source Heat Pump?

Subject: Re: [OM] Way OT] Global warming, was: Air-source Heat Pump?
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 22:56:54 +0100
I find this debate interesting, however my common sense kicks in and as
phillipe mentioned we have finite resources and no way that I know of to
quickly make oil or gas once they are gone, it also makes sense to me
that if you use that up you are taking it away from future generations
so are we not being selfish by ignoring it all and using it up without
finding alternatives regardless about how you feel about climate change.

I do however disagree with what is being done to solve the problem, I
cannot believe that new low energy bulbs are greener throughout their
life cycle or the push for biofuel - I was convinced a long time ago
that nuclear power is actually the greenest energy despite its bad press
image and it can't be right destroying all the rain forests etc..

and just a snippet but here in Switzerland they cut the power to washing
machines during lunch time to help balance the load, that had me puzzled
the first time it happened ;-)

IanW  (who is trying to do his bit to save resources)