Re: [OM] IMG: Magic Photos

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Magic Photos
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 20:20:04 -0500
Since you asked, "He never told, afaik, why did he prefer that film
above others." would be better phrased as "He never said, afaik, why  he
preferred that film above others."

We will certainly understand what you mean if you say "why did he prefer
that film" but it's a bit awkward since the wording is more like a
question.  Adding a question mark at the end will make a good sentence
but one with a different meaning.

As to said vs told I'll turn to the experts
<http://www.englishclub.com/vocabulary/cw-say-tell.htm>

Chuck Norcutt