[OM] The curse of perfection

Subject: [OM] The curse of perfection
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 09:43:26 -0600
I took yesterday off from work and managed to get a couple items
caught up on. But, it also gave me a chance to play with cameras for a
few minutes.

On Saturday, I got out for a bit and enjoyed the last day of warm
weather before the thermometer headed south. I popped the 24/2.8 with
yellow filter on the DMC-L1 and headed for the nearby state park.
Those of you on Facebook probably saw some of the results.

Yesterday, I did some test shots to see exactly where my PanaLeica
lens is failing and then did some comparative shots with the OM
Zuikos. (No contest). I also experimented with the 35-80 on the L1 as
well as the E-1. Something just didn't seem right to me, although the
images were perfect, so I put the lens on the OM-3Ti. Instant joy.

So, as we left the house to head over to the next town for a
chiropractor appointment and a visit with some in-laws, I packed only
one camera and one lens. The OM-3Ti and 35-80 zoom. There really is
joy in using this near perfect camera-lens combination. What a
pleasure it is to use. Total joy. Total peace. Perfection at its best.

I can buy a LOT of film for what a new digital camera costs and it
will still pale in comparison to this.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx