Re: [OM] E-M5 question

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 18:17:54 -0800
On 11/8/2012 2:49 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Does the IS on the E-M5 need to be disabled when on a tripod or
> partially disabled when using a monopod?

Manual say:

"• The image stabilizer cannot correct excessive camera shake or camera shake
that occurs
when the shutter speed is set to the slowest speed. In these cases, it is
recommended
that you use a tripod.
• When using a tripod, set [Image Stabilizer] to [OFF].
• When using a lens with an image stabilization function, turn off the image
stabilizer
function of either the lens or the camera."

Moosie say, I tend to forget to turn it off when using a tripod, and have
noticed no ill effects. But I haven't really
tested.

I don't recall turning it off when Mike and I did an informal 12-50 in macro
mode vs. OM 50/2 Macro test using a tripod,
and there is no motion/vibration blurring that I can see. Yup. EXIF says IS was
on.

So far, the excellent IS, light weight, etc. and my results hand held have led
to less tripod use in the field.

Like everybody else, Oly is silent about monopods. I would leave it on on a
monopod. Hand movement/shake still moves the
camera.

Duo Pod Moose