Re: [OM] E-M5 question (IS)

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 question (IS)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 00:38:24 -0800
On 11/11/2012 12:34 AM, Jim Couch wrote:
> On 11/10/2012 4:36 PM, Moose wrote:
>> Lots of fine detail in sharp focus in the center. I don't see anything I
>> would think is motion blur
>>
>> By sheer happenstance, one petal extending to the edge and almost the corner
>> remained close to the focal plane. It isn't
>> quite as sharp as the center, but impossible to tell how much of that's due
>> to lens and how much to DOF. That's what
>> flat test charts are for.
> This is what I noticed in my testing, that the center is sharp, it is
> the edges and corners that seem to suffer when IS is on. Again this is
> in the E series bodies, YMMV.

The only way to tell is with a flat test subject for the full frame, and shots
with IS on and off.

You are going to get that effect with almost any lens, at least at wider
apertures, from optical aberrations away from
the center and/or curvature of field, so attributing it to IS without testing
is questionable.

I. S. Moose