Re: [OM] Fingering objects of desire...

Subject: Re: [OM] Fingering objects of desire...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 14:42:32 -0700
On 10/24/2012 2:12 PM, Frank Wijsmuller wrote:

> Can you link to this adapter OM-> Alpha adapter? I only find thick adapters
> with an optical element.

Looking at the register distances, it might be possible, but apparently tricky.

Olympus OM         46
Sony Alpha           44.6
Canon EF (EOS)   44

OM=>EF gives 2 mm to work with, and the means of latching are compatible with a
thin adapter.

OM=>Alpha gives only 1.4 mm to work with, and I have no idea how the Sony latch
is designed.

Almost certainly possible, with enough time, ingenuity and money. ;-)   MikeG
has a custom adapter (Mirex?) that
requires the lens to be taken off, then the adapter is released from the camera
body with a lever inside the adapter throat.

Latching Moose