[OM] OM. Customer Service $@*+!!!

Subject: [OM] OM. Customer Service $@*+!!!
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 13:27:57 +0100 (BST)
This could almost be from a Monty Python script! I e-mailed Olympus service
asking them why the 12-50mm lens supplied with the OM-D-M5 did not not come
with a lens hood, and why my local camera store could no longer get Olympus
products? I also queried the availability of the BLN-1 battery. the reply I
received...from Olympus Europe (Germany) was that Luton Cameras Bedford could
supply the lens hood and that due to supply problems further batteries would
not be available until late September.
No comment on the fact that despite my local store being an Olympus supplier
they would now only supply an order of £1000 or $1500. and at prices that were
not competitive with other outlets.

Duly phoned Luton Cameras today. Lens hood not in stock - but they could order
one from Olympus Europe. lead time approx 2wks cost £39.99 plus postage!!!!
That equates to $60+    B+H sells them for $25 free post in USA!
Batteries still on backorder . When Batteries are available they will be £69
plus postage  $105+   B+H cost $49 freepost!!

USA cost $74  UK cost $165+ !!!!!!
Are they really trying to sell cameras or do they just want Olympus (and camera
dealers ) to go out of business!
 Sound of Violins....... I can remember back in the day when Customer Service
and Value for Money meant some thing to Olympus........It really saddens me to
see a once great company reduced to this!

Needless to say, I bought 2 generic fused batteries complete with battery
charger...£33.00 / $50 including postage.
When B+H FINALLY get the BLN-1 in stock I will make an order and get the
battery and hood posted to the UK
 I will also copy this e-mail to Olympus Europe...for it to be promptly ignored!

Regards
John Duggan,
Wales, UK