[OM] The Verdict Is In......or is it?

Subject: [OM] The Verdict Is In......or is it?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 18:21:10 -0400 (EDT)
http://www.olyendomike.com/Other/MooseCarol-9-2012/25763061_skKkT2#!i=2131014450&k=zqwQLQN

This is Serious business, as is evident in his Mooseness's expression.

   Perhaps it is wildly presumptuous but Moose and I are the list's self
anointed  American Brown Ale judges.  The semi-finalists
fell like flies and we were left with Moose Drool and Old Brown Dog.
Moose's olfactory and gustatory skills are legend as he spotted the
salient differences in seconds after a short evaluation.
It took planning but was able to obtain Moose Drool via a circuitous
route just in time for Moose's visit---brewery in Montana to
distributor in
CA and ship to friend in New Hampshire as state law here in MA
(protectionism) forbid the shipment directly.
This was impossible before as sales prohibited (settlement with
Moosehead) east of Mississippi.

Appearance:  MD--very dark almost black in the glass, OBD amber--both
with little lace.
Nose:  MD-- malt and dark chocolate aroma on first taste. OBD--similar
but more hops apparent.
Flavor: MD  excellent, malty notes, semisweet chocolate  with longing
dryness as aftertaste---very modest carbonation and
results in its coating the tongue character.   OBD: rush of sweet malt
as before but welcome hint of hops for nice balance.  More carbonation
than MD. As it warms a bit its
complexity emerges.
Aftertaste:  MD: subtle burnt caramel with excellent burp as others
have noted. OBD:mild and restrained.

Verdict:  Draw.

Respect Beer, Mike