Re: [OM] IMG: More Airport Activity

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: More Airport Activity
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 01:44:00 -0500
Chris,

I would think that propellors act similarly to a gyroscope, though with a
wood core, the mass would not be so great.  Sudden flicks in direction could
produce a counteracting force, which might stress the hub components.  Just
a thought.

A lightning strike to a composite prop seems, to me, to be a

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA