Re: [OM] IMG: More Airport Activity

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: More Airport Activity
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 05:27:22 +0100
Thanks for that, Jim; the chopper certainly did look spick and span!

We often have chips to our propellors and no one has worked out exactly how,
but it must be from chips thrown up from the ground, when taxying.  But we have
gone through a worse time recently: an aircraft shed a blade on 22 August, just
after a touch and go and had to carry out an EFATO manoueuvre to a field just
outside the perimeter up at Cranwell.

The fleet was grounded until yesterday and we all had our first flights since
August, thankfully on a very fine day with a gentle breeze.

Chris