Re: [OM] IMG: More Airport Activity

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: More Airport Activity
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 05:52:14 +0100
Jim

It is composite, but with a wooden core.  The failure occurred near the
counterweights at the hub, and they haven't found the bolt, I gather.  The
story that someone has concocted (I hear) is that the propellor suffered a
lightning strike sometime in the past and the failure was a (distant) result.

But, perhaps coincidentally, we have stopped flick manoeuvres in aerobatics.
Another story goes that the manufacturer, Grob, was upset to find that we were
performing these manoeuvres during aerobatic sequences: they cause a fair bit
of stress to the airframe and perhaps to the propellor.

Aeros will be a little less dynamic from now on  . . .

Chris