Re: [OM] PPL: Last call - BW

Subject: Re: [OM] PPL: Last call - BW
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 13:32:02 -0700
On 9/6/2012 12:21 PM, philippe.amard wrote:
> I should be giving you all a rest now as this is the last series on my
> Italian trip.

As you can tell from my last post,I have been following your postcards, and
enjoying them. Their sheer number, while
enjoyable, have combined with my own travel and processing travel images - and
preparing for the next, much longer trip
next Monday, have limited my ability to comment.

Many enjoyable travel snaps together with some excellent images that would
stand well on their own.

There are several where it seems to me that either camera or processing let you
down, making the images less than they
can be. I have the same problem, traveling with just a notebook+ with decent,
but less than perfect screen. Honestly, I
don't know how you found the time to post so many.

A couple that particularly caught my eye:

Something, perhaps bringing up the shadows, has made the primary subject, the
painted church front, rather flat and  -
colorless. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Amard/Orvieto-0610.htm>

Exposure seems way off to my eye here. Fortunately, there is lots of highlight
tonal detail hidden away where my eye
can't see it until it is brought down. A full work-up from Raw should be quite
wonderful!
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Amard/PPL-Roma-BW-0420.htm>

I may have gone a little too far. These aren't meant to be final efforts, just
indication of what's there.

Manipulative Moose