Re: [OM] E-M5 in Venice

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 in Venice
From: philippe.amard@xxxxxx
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 16:58:27 +0200 (CEST)

Message du : 21/08/2012 16:21
De : "Frank Wijsmuller " <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
A : "Olympus Camera Discussion" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Copie à :
Sujet : Re: [OM] E-M5 in Venice

 Thanks, feel free elaborate on the tonality as I might learn from it.

I have little time on hand this week, but I'd like to too.

Treatment varies from camera to camera : the nikon I start with th black
slider, the Oly I start by decreasing contrast - clarity I use in the last
resort, as I find it it adds dark blobs in LR3 ...
I dk if the E-M5 is completely different, but for ease/flexibilty when starting
from the ORF/RAW/NEF, and from my experience with cameras we've owned and
actually used, it goes like this E510, L1, E620, surprisingly E400, and D700
ascending order. Of course your experience may vary.

More when I can
Best
Ph, on LR3

These are RAW files processed with LightRoom 4-1, so I wonder if camera
settings are important? Or are there features influencing RAW?

My default workflow in LR is increasing clarity and vibrance, lightning up
the shadows (especially since many pictures were in harsh sunlight) and
then adding a little contrast. And setting the WB correctly.

One of the differences between LR3 and LR4 I found is that clarity and
vibrance seem to have a stronger effect in LR4. So I guess I might have
overdone it a few times ;-)

Best, Frank

2012/8/21 Joel Wilcox