Re: [OM] Rights to Olympic Photos

Subject: Re: [OM] Rights to Olympic Photos
From: Sandy Harris <sandyinchina@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 13:11:28 +0800
On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The Olympics Games might be a disaster for the UK, given the gross cost (that
> is still not clearly laid out), ...

I think they are routinely a financial disaster for the host.

My all-time favorite political cartoon dealt with that. At the time,
abortion was
quite illegal in Canada and a doctor named Henry Morgenthaler was very
publicly opposing that law. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Morgentaler

The mayor of Montreal claimed that "The Olympics could no more lose
money than a man could have a baby." Next morning's cartoon in the
Star had him at his desk with a phone, "Allo, Morgenthaler?"