Re: [OM] Olympus confirms a new 4/3 body

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus confirms a new 4/3 body
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 10:48:58 -0500
Joel Blobby Wilcox wrote:
> Certainly there is very little difference in size between my FE2 and
> OM2N.

Agreed. The FE/FM became quite small. I really like the FM3A. If I
wasn't such an OM Geek, I'd have a brace of FM3A bodies. Where the
sizes start to really spread apart is when you mount motordrives and
comparable lenses. The Zuikos are MUCH MUCH MUCH smaller and lighter
than the equivalent Nikkors.

> For the scale of the capture, nothing is as compact and
> elegant as my VL Perkeo folder.

What a cute little camera that is. I've been very tempted to find
something like that myself. I like the idea of a camera that fits in a
slot in the bag and doesn't take up an entire zipcode.

> Also, I guess I don't mind blobby.  Spent some enjoyable moments over
> the weekend with 5D, 620, and RB67.  No OM yearnings at the moment,
> though that may change soon as I may return to 35mm for some BW
> shooting.  I don't imagine I'll ever shoot color via 35mm again.

I'm trying to do my part in enticing you to do a 100% OM B&W trip.

AG

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx