Re: [OM] Olympus confirms a new 4/3 body

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus confirms a new 4/3 body
From: Dawid Loubser <dawid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 15:14:15 +0200
LOL, a Nikon F with plain prism *is* small. It's not much more bulky
than a Leica M3 or an OM-1 in practical terms. All three can be carried
all day by one's side with no problems - faithful, mechanical companions
that fit in the hand, can be operated by feel more or less (OM-1 is the
best in that regard), and are quick and unobtrusive to use.

Then you get "large" SLR bodies, and these include an Olympus E-5, a
Canon 40/50/60/7d, a Nikon D200/300, etc. Big blobby things with big
blobby lenses.

Then the "integrated motor grip" beasts - Canon 1D series, Nikon F5,
Nikon D3/4, etc.

A Nikon F with a 50mm f/2.0 is every bit as discreet as a Leica or an
Olympus with a 50mm, the differences are minor. Especially when it comes
to "equivalency" - for example, a Nikon F with a Pancake 45mm f/2.8
render "equivalent" (FOV, DOF) to an E-5 with a Panasonic Leica 25/1.4,
and the Nikon if almost pocketable by comparison, it's so small.

Don't make me take comparison shots to prove it to you :-)

Dawid