Re: [OM] Clearly OT: Firefox 14.0.1 Churning

Subject: Re: [OM] Clearly OT: Firefox 14.0.1 Churning
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 19:52:53 -0700
I've switched everything of mine from Firefox to Chrome. Far smaller memory
footprint overall, in my experience, and increasing stable and useful. The
function that synchronizes my Chrome settings between machines I regularly
use, regardless of their location, is worth the switch in and of itself. As
is Chrome Print, which allows doing cool things like printing to one's home
printer from a remote location.

"Now, if Firefox would find a way to avoid its conflicts with Adobe's latest
Flash Player, I could live with the situation."

I believe it's the other way around. We've had nothing but trouble at work
since version 10 of Flash Player came out, regardless of web browser. Other
than a few niche applications, in a small group of industries, everyone I
know involved in production of websites pretty much can't get shut of Flash
soon enough, and get on with HTML5.

Re: Exploder - Crap with slightly improved security is still crap, it just
doesn't smell quite as bad. Only machines at work where people insist on
using exploder, regardless of version, have experienced stealth-loaded
malware of any sort in some 2 years now. The same has not been true of
Firefox, and certainly not of Chrome, which quite readily throws up a
screaming red screen if it thinks anything nasty is happening.

Personally, I have not seen an ad that I did not want to see since
installing adblock plus ages ago. Works for both Firefox and Chrome.

---
Scott Gomez