Re: [OM] [OT] Home automation/security questions

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Home automation/security questions
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 08:47:44 -0700
Chuck, If you have/install a home monitoring/security system you might
check with your insurance company for a credit on your premiums. We
would qualify for a 10% credit if I every get around to hooking up our
system. That would be the easy part as I hardwired the house when we
built it. The hard part would be installing locks on the doors :)
Actually my system was intended for other reasons besides security such
as medical alert and fire. Hooking up to your smoke alarms is highly
recommended. Insurance companies around here require security systems on
homes over a certain value or sq'.

First thing newcomers from an urban area usually do is try to drive back
the evil darkness with yard lights and timers on interior lights. The
only thing this accomplishes besides annoying the neighbors is to
facilitate anyone wishing to rob the place. If a neighbor saw
flashlights and activity they would know something was up.

Mike