Re: [OM] Om-d aluminum grip

Subject: Re: [OM] Om-d aluminum grip
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 11:26:36 -0500
> Provoked by AG's discussion of his Minolta A-1, I took mine out for a ride
> last night. It's a much smaller camera, but the grip makes ALL the
> difference. The EVF is worse than awful, the rear screen view not much
> better, but the 5 MP images are OK for my purposes...

The EVF and LCD are horrid when compared to today's good stuff. But
they really aren't that bad for the era. The rather compact LCD is
also why the controls have such a good layout. The LCDs are growing so
big that the control layout on the back of the cameras has been
greatly compromised. At the current rate of LCD size increase, we're
going to end up with iPads with lenses attached.

AG
--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx