Re: [OM] Om-d aluminum grip

Subject: Re: [OM] Om-d aluminum grip
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 02:56:37 +1200
Chris Barker wrote

> I'm not sure I understand your point, Brian.  Are you suggesting that a
> small piece of aluminium, however nicely fashioned, is not worth wads of
> dosh?
>
> If so, I agree with you entirely :-)
>
> Chris
> On 6 Aug 2012, at 14:45, Brian Swale <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > http://www.xe.com/?r=1
> > 9,800.00 JPY        =       152.863 NZD
> > 9,800.00 JPY        =       125.161 USD
> > 9,800.00 JPY        =       80.3970 GBP

I was curious enough to find out the currency conversion for my own
country's currency, so while I was there I did a couple of other conversions
just for information to share.

If I bought one of these cameras I'd almost certainly buy one of these grips,
simply because of the better hold on the camera it would provide.

Provoked by AG's discussion of his Minolta A-1, I took mine out for a ride
last night. It's a much smaller camera, but the grip makes ALL the
difference. The EVF is worse than awful, the rear screen view not much
better, but the 5 MP images are OK for my purposes, which in this instance
were to photograph representative tree branching patterns so that I can
teach myself to paint them realistically. I converted them to B&W, after a lot
of fiddling with tone etc and contrast in FastStone, and they print out fine
(A4
sized paper) on my 600 dpi B&W HP Laserjet printer that is now nearly 20
years old. In winter (which it is here now) a lot of trees are naked ...I can
see
their branches :-)

Brian Swale