[OM] Getting closer (Digital -> Adox CHS mapping)

Subject: [OM] Getting closer (Digital -> Adox CHS mapping)
From: Dawid Loubser <dawid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:19:09 +0200
Hi All,

A while back I started the project of analysing and applying the tonal
response curve of Adox CHS Art 25 (also known as Efke 25) to Olympus E-5
digital files. Because I really really like that film (its peculiar
rendition seems to fit my photographic style very well), and I'm
currently without a darkroom.

I have been iteratively refining a RawTherapee post-processing profile
which performs a number of adjustments (several in LAB colour space)
that, if applied to your typical E-5 RAW profile, produces images that
are quite close to my work with this film (other than Digital's
exceptionally poor dynamic range in the highlights...)

This is one of my most recent efforts, what do you film shooters think?

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/212/e/1/slanted_st__joseph__s_by_philosomatographer-d598sv6.jpg

OMG, the E-system cameras and lenses are ugly and bulky compared to the
OMs. But the results from those lenses are worth it - they really are
the best I've ever used save for one aspect: Light Transmission / Flare
resistance (and how could they be, with like 23 glass elements inside).

regards,
Dawid Loubser