Re: [OM] Rights to Olympic Photos

Subject: Re: [OM] Rights to Olympic Photos
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 15:51:18 -0700
On 7/29/2012 6:31 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> For some reason I am unreasonably apathetic about this year's games. Maybe
> it's like birthdays: I've had so many they just don't excite me anymore. <g>

The story of the later part of my adult life has been one of steadily declining
interest in athletics. Could be, as you
suggest, some "been there, seen that". The fact that we found interest in some
snowboarding in the Winter Games would
tend to support that idea. Came across it by accident, stayed to watch. So it
may have been of interest due to the new
(to us), startling, often beautiful, movements.

But at least in my case, also some changes in what I find of value in my life.
Competition, winners and losers, seem to
me to play much too large a part in our culture.

> Oh, and seeing the parade ground at Horse Guards transformed into a beach
> volleyball pit. I wonder what Nelson and Wellington would have had to say
> about that had their shades met once again in passing . . .

Women that tall, that strong, almost naked, and with that 'tude? Heart attacks!

Non Competitor Moose