Re: [OM] Toned inkjet prints?

Subject: Re: [OM] Toned inkjet prints?
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 01:05:10 -0400
I've used Quadtone RIP for years. It, and Colorbyte Imageprint, are the
only two printer drivers that I have ever used that give truly neutral
black and white inkjet prints. Both allow making toned prints. Imageprint
lets you set any color tone you want, and QTR has built in tones that
match closely to tones we can achieve in the darkroom (Warm, cold,
selenium, sepia), which I prefer to Imageprint (finding the settings to
match darkroom tones is really hard). Basically Quadtone RIP is the best
solution. Its cheap (Imageprint is about $600!) and easier to use (though
Imageprint also does full-color prints and is the best color printing
solution I have found. I wish I could afford it for my current printer...I
had it for my old Epson 2200 that died).

Here's my page on how to use QTR:
http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/technical/printing.php

--
Chris Crawford