Re: [OM] Rodents and plans - two thirds of the equation

Subject: Re: [OM] Rodents and plans - two thirds of the equation
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 09:33:41 -0500
Philippe wrote:
> Thanks it makes sense - and of course you had to try and make your own
> experience :-)

I learn concepts by observation. I learn reality by doing. When things
don't happen the way I expect them to, I have to determine why and
engineer the solution.

> Love/hate relationship = true here too.
> I went full frame 18 months ago, have sold some OLY lenses, but still keep
> the L1 for what it's (much) better at :-)

There are few things it is actually "better at" than other cameras,
but it does handle quite differently. I'm glad I got it, no regrets
there. Would I suggest it to anybody else? No. It's a shame that one
more firmware update didn't happen. The camera really could stand one
more refinement. The built-in flash, with the bounce position is just
so wonderful. What a brilliant thing. The camera really is a classic.
The levers and switches are incredibly efficient.

AG

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx