Re: [OM] Beers

Subject: Re: [OM] Beers
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 07:20:16 -0500
I had an eye opener once while in Estes Park.  We were ordering at a
restaurant and I asked what they had in an IPA and they said Dale's Pale
Ale.  Well, OK, I said.  She brings it in a can!  I thought OMG.  It was
incredibly good at that moment.  On a return visit to Denver, I found a
place that had it on tap.  Still, very good, but New Belgium's Ranger
IPA is a bit more bitter, hoppy, and flavorful to my taste.  Colorado
used to be known for Coors -- bleccckkkk!  Bass seems like weak tea to
these forementioned, but I like it from time to time as I think it's
where I got the taste for the stuff.

Joel W.

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012, at 09:12 AM, JOHN DUGGAN wrote:
> Leaving for the States next Monday. Local Offie  (Off Licence) or Liquor
> Store to our American brethren always has a good supply of bottled beers.
> My favourites are the IPA style. Some of them are Very close to the
> British style India Pale Ales. There are some good micro breweries in
> Colorado. I can't wait.....
> p.s. they also do Bass Export Pale Ale at a very reasonable price !!
> Regards
> John Duggan,
> Wales, UK

                          unladen european swallow