Re: [OM] A Question About Batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] A Question About Batteries
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 07:49:52 -0400
You didn't say if you got Wein cells or hearing aid batteries.  It's
probably plenty bothersome but you can extend the battery life by
re-covering the air holes when the batteries are not in use.  But as I
recall uncovering the holes doesn't give you instant power.  You have to
wait a while until the batteries "boot up".

I also seem to recall that Wein cells last longer than hearing aid
batteries by virtue of having fewer air holes.  I suppose you could
reduce the number of air holes in hearing aid batteries but that would
probably be fussy work to do so without introducing an insulator between
the batteries.

Chuck Norcutt